High School Advanced Mixed Choir is an auditioned choir for students in grades 9-12 with previous choral experience, strong work ethic, and a desire to grow as a musician and to perform at the highest level of expression and musicality.
Essential Learning Outcomes:
· Sing with clear and focused tone, demonstrating correct posture and healthy vocal technique.
· Perform music in 4 parts with balance, blend, and good intonation.
· Perform music in a variety of styles, genres, and musical periods demonstrating appropriate performance practice.
· Select and prepare music to perform in small ensembles or solos for classmates demonstrating growth in performance skills throughout the year (Mini-Concerts).
· Develop appropriate audience etiquette in support of one another’s in-class performances (Mini-Concerts).
· Develop musicianship and musical vocabulary through class participation, written and verbal feedback for Mini-Concerts, choir journals, and concert reflections.