Middle School Advanced Choir is a non-auditioned choir for students in grades 7-8 who wish to improve their singing and music literacy skills while performing choral music in a variety of styles and genres. Students must have at least one year of previous choir experience in order to enroll in this course.
Essential Learning Outcomes:
• Sing with clear and focused tone, demonstrating correct posture and healthy vocal technique.
• Perform music in 2-3 parts with balance, blend, and good intonation.
• Perform music in a variety of styles, genres, and musical periods demonstrating appropriate performance practice.
• Select and prepare music to perform in small ensembles or solos for classmates demonstrating growth in performance skills throughout the year (Mini-Concerts).
• Develop appropriate audience etiquette in support of one another’s in-class performances (Mini-Concerts).
• Develop musicianship and musical vocabulary through class participation, written and verbal feedback for Mini-Concerts, choir journals, and concert reflections.